Mechanical Design Engineer
Sigma-Netics, Inc., innovator in miniature pressure and vacuum switches, is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer with the following responsibilities:
- Manage new product development projects from concept through initial production
- Work closely with customers, sales, and other internal resources to assess RFQ requirements and generate engineering proposals
- Develop design concepts and work with manufacturing engineering to develop means of manufacturing and cost structure
- Develop qualification test plans
- Maintain project schedules
- Lead cross-functional teams for NPD projects
The Ideal Candidate must possess:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience as a project design engineer developing similar products (e.g. pressure switches, small valves, mechanical gauges, small pumps) for the aerospace/military and industrial markets
- US citizenship
- Proficiency using SolidWorks, Pro-E, or similar CAD software
- Solid knowledge of machining operations
- Demonstrated ability to be creative
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems methodically and using sound engineering principles
- Hands-on experience working in a fast-pace environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
With over 50 years of experience, Sigma-Netics has become an established leader in providing the most reliable and rugged miniature pressure and vacuum switches in the industry. Our pressure switches are used in the harshest of environments, spanning markets such as underground mining excavators and dump trucks to critical aerospace and military applications. Sigma-Netics is an equal opportunity employer offering excellent salary commensurate with experience and education, company-matching 401(K), continuous improvement incentive program, and medical benefits package.
Why would you be interested in working for Sigma-Netics?
With our small company culture joining our company will expose you to multiple industries across global markets. The right candidate will have the opportunity to play a major role in our global sales initiative.